Saturday, August 8, 2009

#1

I'm getting stiffer and sorer every morning, it seems. I can't lift and carry things like I used to and I want to get some strength and flexibility back, not to mention get rid of 25 pounds of blubber! Today Chuck and I walked for 1-1/2 hours; not at a blistering pace, but at a moderate pace. He's getting up there, too, and can't go as fast or as far as he used to. I checked on the FitTV site to write down some programs to record so I can start doing some workouts. I think that's key at this point, is to get moving and get strengthening. Trying to cut down on sweets and carbs is important, too, but I don't believe I really overeat (except if there's a cake or pie - then I can't seem to stay away). This a.m. I had a bowl of nuggets cereal with 3-4 strawberries on top with milk and a slice of zucchini bread. I'm about to get some lunch and I'll make a nice salad. I think I'll cook up some eggs to have and make a macaroni salad. I'm going to cook up some chicken breasts and slice those up for a chicken salad, too. I have a recipe for baked zucchini chips -- I'll try making that and see how they come out. Gonna make up a big pan of cabbage rolls for supper tonight and probably freeze some of them. I'm going to cook up a big pan of brown rice and put it in the fridge so I can have it for lunches with steamed veggies. I have beets and broccoli from the garden, and plenty of zucchini, carrots and lettuce greens. Tomatoes are beginning to ripen, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment